Position: Frame Production Manager
We do things differently. We go to great lengths to build the most incredible bikes for our customers and an overall customer experience that is unlike anything else out there.
Our company is small. We are a family. We have a low/no drama workplace and the people who work here want to be here. We are not motivated by bringing a lot of “stuff” to the world, as the world already has more than enough stuff. What we are motivated by is bringing greatness to the world.
We are committed to building a sustainable and responsible company, which means that we manufacture domestically, and take good care of our employees.
- Manage process and staff for Speedvagen frame production
- Oversee pre-production duties (mitering, building sub-assemblies)
- Fabricate small parts and oversee the finished quality of small parts fabricated by assistants
- Oversee and be proficient in pre-paint prep, finish work and stainless polishing
- Final QC pre-paint and post paint on all frames
- Diagnose warranty and repair issues, formulate and oversee a plan for repair
- Oversee machine maintenance
- Manage Speedvagen production schedule
- Manage Framebuilding Assistants day to day tasks
- Continuously improve fabrication processes, tooling and designs
- Manage frame inventory, tools and supplies
- Weekly meetings with Customer Service Manager, Lead Mechanic and Lead Painter on ensuring adherence to bicycle production schedule and maintaining highest standards of quality
- Minimum of three years of frame building experience
- Highly organized and punctual
- Comfortable with both Oxy/Acetylene torches and with TIG welding
- Understanding of and experience with Steel, Stainless, Titanium and Carbon
- Proficient in tooling design and fabrication experience
- Workflow development and schedule coordination skills, along with basic supervision or
personnel management abilities
- Proficiency in mitering, fit up, brazing and tacking thin walled tubing
- Understanding of frame requirements of modern frame componentry (di2, EPS, ETAP) and a willingness to stay current with bicycle technology
- Unwavering commitment to quality and design
Pay and Benefits
The pay for this full time position will be based on the person’s level of experience. We’re committed to a good standard of living. On top of the base wage, we offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance, profit sharing and paid time off.
If you feel that you’re a good fit, please apply by email. In the body of the email, state the length of your last two jobs and your highest level of education completed. Also attach a one-page resume and a one-page cover letter describing your life experience as it applies to this job, including three work references and any experience with bicycles or the making of things to: email@example.com
Deadline for Submission is July 1, 2016